A travel craft should be a small project you can easily stash away in your pocket or your bag. You should be able to work on it pretty much anywhere with few or no tools. Everything you need to make this ring can be tied into a handkerchief and squished into your coat pocket.
- White Handkerchief. This will be your work surface. The white cloth makes it easier to see your beads and prevents them from rolling around. If you want to make this project more portable, you can lay the cloth on the water bucket tray in your hotel room, or the pie pan of your vacation rental.
- Beading Wire size .012
- Delica Beads or Seed Beads size 11. The hole in the bead needs to be big enough for the wire to pass through twice. If you are going to use the seed beads for other beaded ring projects, you may even want to use the slightly harder to find size 10.
- 4mm beads. For a 6.5 ring I used nine Swarovski crystals. Play around with what you have in your stash or happen upon in a bead shop.
- Scissors or nail clippers in a pinch
1. Measure out some wire about the equivalent of 5.5 Bic pen lengths, (24 to 30 inches) and string a 4mm bead onto the middle.
7. Continue threading the wire through the ring along the first pass through, essentially doubling the wire. This gives the ring more stability and helps you weave in the ends. Cut off any excess when you close the round.